Saturday, July 24, 2010

Adelaide to the Gold Coast

There is a wonderful woman called Pam living in Broken Hill who established, and continues to moderate, an on-line group of ladies who knit prolifically for those in need. I was keen to meet her so made the decision to take that route to my next housesit at the Gold Coast.

Expecting to find the countryside dry, dusty and boring, I headed north to Burra, getting off the main highway and taking a few back roads once I was out the other side of Gawler. My black Mazda 3 soon looked as though it belonged to a "country chick" but the scenery was well worth it. Rolling hills tinged with green and expansive vistas to the horizon with the added bonus of absolutely no traffic. I felt as though I was the only person on earth which I found liberating.

I kept thinking of the desert drive ahead of me and made the decision to stay in Burra that night, and be well rested for the next day. I found an extremely comfortable motel which turned out to have a very pleasant little creek running along the back of it. A very restul oasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment