Friday, August 21, 2009

Knitted Miniature Dress = Frustration!













My first attempt to knit one of the patterns I bought at the recent Doll/Bear Show has proved very frustrating but I am DETERMINED it will not beat me. I spent the entire day yesterday to perfectly knit just a few cms of the edging to go around the collar. The next step is to sew it on - should be fun! In the meantime I've grafted the shoulders, sewn in one sleeve and am in the process of sewing in the other sleeve.



2 comments:

  1. It looks pretty good to me Jude. Was it the pattern causing you probs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Les, the way the pattern was written it was easy to follow - just the fact that the cotton and needles are so fine seemed to be my problem. If a stitch dropped it immediately "ran" and there wasn't a hope of catching or repairing it. Some stitch patterns flow and others take more concentration - this seemed to be the latter for me even though it only consisted of 4 rows.

    ReplyDelete