Sunday, August 16, 2009

Recent completed projects


Les Bears Sophie wearing a jacket Les cleverly created by using a collar I'd handknitted which she handdyed. She is waiting patiently for her new Mum to come along and adopt her.


Goffered collar knit with 80 cotton on size 18 needles from a Furze Hewitt pattern. I absolutely love working in these fine threads. The projects are so portable too - this one was done aboard Dawn Princess while floating across the Pacific towards San Francisco with daughter Tanya.



A Baby Cot Blanket knit from yarn supplied by Knitting For Brisbane's Needy Co-Ordinator, Karen Croke. The stitch pattern came from friend Gwenda who inspired me with her multi-colored version done as an afghan rug.




Another of Les Bears creations (sorry I can't remember her name) wearing one of my handknitted jackets and waiting for somebody to adopt her.

This is my "Helston" collar finished Friday night in time to take to the Bear and Doll Show. If anybody's bear would like to be seen wearing this they just need to contact my friend Les at Les Bears.


The "goodies" I bought at the Doll and Bear Show. I'm planning on trying out the patterns as soon as as I finish this "blogging" session.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you started blogging. The bear in the blue jacket I think was called Maggie - but I can't remember either and she is still packed away in the case.

    ReplyDelete