Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Latest Finished Project


I've called this bear/doll dress pattern Gretel and this is the smaller version. The skirt pattern is an adaptation of another I've used - I simply removed 2 rows of garter stitch and it took on a completely different appearance. Some time back at a doll and bear show I bought a small girl porcelain doll because I loved the beautifully knitted cotton dress she was wearing and the pattern on Gretel is the same one as that dress. Gretel is knitted in Rubi & Lana 100% wool. The label says it's 2ply but it knits up more like a 1ply. It's beautifully soft and a dream to use. I knit it on size 18 needles. Sadly, I hear, the Rubi & Lana store at Gordon has closed. If anybody hears of them popping up elsewhere I'd very much like to know.

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks lovely .I didn't realise it was so small or is it a new one.
    Les.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the dress I was knitting while we were at the Show last weekend. Unfortunately, I think the armhole might be a tad small for a bear unless you have one with skinny arms!

    ReplyDelete