Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Maleny Activities 2

The view was a tad foggy on Sunday morning but still very beautiful and it lifted very quickly giving way to a bright sunny, blue sky day.

Lesley has led me astray taking me to a yarn store and two quilting stores....however, she's forgiven because she's also included me in a couple of her bear making sessions so I've managed to complete my second handmade bear, Meg. It's only taken me about 4 years! Now I need to get busy and knit her a fine lace collar, a pretty jacket or perhaps a pretty dress and knickers.
This is the view from the side entrance of my housesit....certainly does the soul good to look at while listening to the multitude of bird calls, almost the only noise interrupting the wonderful peace on this Maleny ridge.


Had a wonderful surprise when I went with Lesley to quilting group this morning. A fellow corporate wife from the days when Bill worked at CSR Building Products was there. Seeing her brought back lots of memories of children's Christmas parties and client dinners.

3 comments:

  1. Judy, congratulations on the completion of your bear. Does this mean I have four years to finish mine? Ssssh don't tell Lesley.

    Love June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, congratulations on finishing your bear. Does this mean I have four years to finish mine. Sssssshhh don't tell Lesley.

    Love June

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, I won't tell our master bearmaker if you don't. At least you now have an excuse not to work on your bear!

    ReplyDelete