Thursday, October 29, 2009

Red Riding Hood Project


The jacket Red Riding Hood is wearing is 2.5cm at the centre back, was knit with Rubi and Lana 2ply (which I think knits up more like a 1 to 1.5ply) on size 18 needles. I began at the front of the hood and knit from the top down. I then knit the sleeves on 4dpns needles, so no sewing up was required when completed. This very cute bear was designed and made by Lesley Stipanov of Les Bears who currently has it listed for adoption on eBay. My very creative friend, Lesley, made the little toggles using a product called Shrinky Dink which is available from scrapbooking suppliers. It takes all day to knit a jacket like this - I think I'm mad but feel much satisfaction knitting these miniature items I'll continue to do it while my eyesight allows me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment